Sunday, January 3, 2010
Holidays are for family, and we were blessed to have lots of family surrounding us for the holidays. We were so busy playing and visiting, hosting and helping that we didn't remember to take any pictures, but we made lots of memories. Here are the highlights:
- Sleeping at Grandma's and Grandpa's Christmas Eve, and opening our presents with our Aunts, Uncles and cousins.
- Going to our other Grandma and Grandpa's house for Christmas dinner and a lovely Christmas program with cousins everywhere.
- Seeing our 8 Idaho cousins we haven't seen in almost a year!
- Going to the movies with the kids - The Frog Prince (fun music), Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (delightful, we'll be quoting this one for years), and Alvin and the Chipmunks, the Squeekuel (don't bother, better yet, run away screaming!)
- Going fun places with our cousins, like the Children's museum, the Aquarium, bowling and out to eat.
- Sledding with cousins (did I mention we have lots of cousins?)
- Our newest cousin's baby blessing.
- Daniel shaking hands with President Eyring, from the First Presidency. I tell you, that boy has no fear!
- Seminary Council reunion dinner for Steve's council from 20 years ago!
- Attending my now famous author sister's Book Launch formal dinner, and Book debut speech and signing (packed to the rafters with fans, friends and family. We were lucky the fire marshal didn't show up!)
- Our Suburban blowing up. OK, I know that doesn't sound like a highlight. Especially at midnight on a freezing night when it's spewing black smoke from under the hood and your stranded. But the highlight here is our brand new 2010 Honda Odyssey mini-van! It's so gorgeous, clean and fun to drive! I'll post pictures next week.