Thursday, June 5, 2008

San Diego by Noreen


Steve and I got to work and play in San Diego for three days this week! Steve had a conference for work and invited me along. Grandma N and Grandma M and Aunt Bree each took a day and a night with the kids. (THANK YOU SO MUCH!) We hadn’t been away just the two of us in almost two years, and we enjoyed every minute. While Steve was in Conference I had the chance to work on my school plans for two straight days in a beautiful hotel room with no interruptions. One morning I had a lovely room service breakfast, and typed away while the made cleaned our room in the mornings. It made me laugh how NOT my real life this was, but what a treat. I reached a major goal of mine by completing our Family Master Education Plan. I have worked on it for two and a half years, and the focused time was just what I needed to finish it. What a gift! (Thanks for all your help Diann.)

As for the playing, we attended a Padre’s game Monday night, had a lovely sea food dinner at Sea Port Village (my favorite place in San Diego, besides my Grandma’s house) and took a rickshaw to Horton Plaza to see the new Indian Jones movie on Tuesday. The third day I got to join Steve at the conference and the best part was all we had to pay for was my food and the movie tickets!


3 comments:

Mrs. O said...

There is nothing like a couple days away for recharging your batteries. I'm glad you had a good time.

brooke & luke said...

that's cool you went to a padres game...i've always wanted to go to a MLB game!

Anonymous said...

That pitch is so fast I can't even see the ball! (Andy)