Friday, October 3, 2008

Deacon by Stephen L.


On Sunday I was ordained a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood. The responsibilities of a Deacon are 1) Pass the Sacrament, 2) Collect Fast Offerings and few other things. Most of my relatives were there for the ordaining and I thought it was nice that they could be there. I was glad my Dad did the ordaining. Thanks to all those who came (and to those that didn't, you missed out!) After the ordaining everyone came to our house for a nice lunch and birthday party.
PS I got a spiffy new suit for my birthday!

The great examples of Priesthood holders who helped ordain Steve.

A parting shot!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Noreen- Your hair is SOOOO beautiful!!!

Mrs. O said...

Congrats - Steve. In our ward you have to get to church 20 minutes early if you want to pass the sacrament as there are 22 deacons. Your suit looks great on you!

You ought to frame that family picture, it's so fun!