Thursday, October 16, 2008

Soccer by Daniel and Janey

(Note by Mom: Daniel and Janey both played fall soccer this year. They were both assets to their teams. Daniel prefers to play defender and is a great goalie just like his dad, and where ever the ball is, you'll find Janey. She scored at least 2 goals this season and was always focused and working hard.)





Daniel in the white socks. I still haven't figured out how large, neon green socks get lost in the wash!

Soccer was really fun. I played goalie and defender a lot. My number was number 2. It was really fun, but I didn't score any goals in the season. My last game is on Saturday. I love playing soccer.

-Daniel


Janey is tenacious number 5. This group plays beehive ball, meaning regardless of positions, both teams huddle in mass around the ball, getting in each other's way and not kicking the ball very far because of the congestion.


Our team won our final game and lots more games. I scored two goals and that made me feel happy. The other team was called blue lightning and our team was called the sliver sharks. It's fun to play soccer. Sometimes it was hot and sometimes it was cold when we played.

2 comments:

brooke & luke said...

wow janey and daniel, great playing...looking good out there.

Andy and Marsha Gibbons said...

I recognize those soccer shirts. You wore them to my house. I loved the pictures.