Friday, February 27, 2009

Liberty Girls by Janey


In the book Kit Learns a Lesson, Kit's Dad lost his job and he might need to go to a different state to try to find a job. She doesn't want her dad to move to a different state. Kit likes to write newspapers for her Dad and I wrote a newspaper for my dad. Her it is:




Janey’s 1st Newspaper!


Today we made some bread. Steve and Daniel played a game on February 25th. I went to Liberty Girls yesterday. We played some jump rope while girls were coming and then we came in and I said the prayer and another girl did the pledge of allegiance. Then we made some clay stuff (see picture of one at the bottom of the page.) Then we had our snack and then we had another activity, but I forgot what that was. And then my Mom picked me up and we went home and had dinner. My Mom left to go to a wedding shower, and while she was there we watched a movie and then she came home and we went to bed. Then we woke up and I wrote this newspaper.

What I want for my birthday is a girl gerbil, and some food for the gerbil and some bedding, a little playhouse for the gerbil, and a cage and a padlock. I want a padlock to keep Ellie from squishing the gerbil. And I also want a new coat for the next winter. And I want 2 surprise presents. I want to have a friend party and invite Alex, Kelsey, Autumn, Elizabeth and Abby and Zealand, Jackson and Savanna and Alyssa. At the party we are going to play pin the tail on the donkey, hopscotch, (and for another present I want some chalk), and we are going to have balloons at the party, and a piñata, and a pink frosting cake. And everyone can make two small frosting cookies to take home. And then we are going to play hide and go seek tag and then were going to play up in my room and then we are going to play outside. Then we are going to have cake and then presents and then people are going to draw what’s their favorite animal. And that’s the end of the Newspaper.

3 comments:

Andy and Marsha Gibbons said...

Nice job, Janey. Is that picture on the book you? I had to do a double-take to tell. Looks a lot like you, but not quite as pretty. Grandpa

Anonymous said...

I see a writer in the future. Good job.
Love Grandma n

morelightthanburden said...

Way to go, Janey! This is a really good start. And we'll remember the bit about the chalk for your birthday party . . . :)