Friday, February 20, 2009

State Capital by Whitney


For school this week I was able to go to the State Capital. First we went to a committee discussion. They where discussing a bill on whether or not they should have a day off of the ten pre-election-day voting period. Then we when to the House of Representatives for two hours. It was soooooooooo boring. I am not even going to put an exclamation point on that. Then we went to lunch and things started to pick up. We got a tour of the capital after lunch and then we got to go watch the senate for a while. It was really cool and I was able to get to places others didn’t because my friend’s aunt was a representative and I got access to otherwise off-limits. J it was really neat! I liked the Senate a lot more than the House. They where a lot more friendly and relaxed and they got through bill ten times faster than the House.

No comments: