Friday, April 3, 2009

Sushi Anyone?


April 1st our family woke to our cereal already laid out for us by Steve L. with a note of appreciation from a loving son. Little did we know that our cereal was going to turn bright pink or green once we added the milk. The kids were also excited to see the addition of a sugar bowl on the table (something that never happens at our house) until they realized Steve had filled it with salt. Other jokes included Whitney’s prank calls and Daniel putting uncooked rice in Steve’s bed.

Not wanting to be left out of the fun I decided to pull a surprise of my own. We are going to be studying Asia for history, so I made a stir-fry dinner and told everyone I had bought some sushi to go along. I was surprised how willing (most of) the kids were to try my sushi rolls. Everyone was fooled until they went to taste my sweet version. (Rice Krispy treats rolled around sliced gummy worms wrapped in fruit-buy-the-foot “seaweed.” A recipe I found at Familyfun.com.) Needless to say my prank was a big hit.

2 comments:

Andy and Marsha Gibbons said...

In the future I will be avoiding your place on April 1st. Sounds fun, but the last time I did a prank I got thrown out of the dorm.

Brooke said...

WOW! Those sushi rolls look tasty! U guys really should try the real thing though. It is really good. I must say I would be nervous to be at your house on April fools, talk about watching your back!! Janey, I used your "taking the cream out of the cookie" joke on Luke.