Thursday, June 12, 2008

Book Review by Whitney

Book review by: Whitney

Title: The Dodo ; A brief history

Author: Errol Fuller

Type: Non-Fiction

Subject: Dodos

Summery: I never knew much about Dodos, so when I saw this book on the library shelf I said, “why not?” With amazing drawings, and journal entries, it dispels hordes of “reliable” drawings and information that are actually paintings that are copies of copies of copies! I was amazed at how little we, (scientists included!) know about Dodo. Very interesting!

Rating: Eight stars! Full of incredible things I never new, it is informative, (as possible) rather than exciting. Extremely good read for those seeking info.

Recommended for: Ages 10/12 up. As in, The World of the Hummingbird, It just matters if you are interested. It can bore some young people.


Some other books written by this author: The great auk, The Lost Birds of Paradise, Extinct birds, and Mammoths .

2 comments:

beccamom1 said...

I was reading myself about Dods the other day. They really are pretty cool. However, I found myself continually quoting outloud, "Prepare for the ice age!" Well written Whit.

Anonymous said...

One again, your article is very nice