Thursday, June 26, 2008

Liberty Girls by Janey

For our Liberty Girls meeting this week we read and learned about the book Kaya's Hero. In the book a baby gets sick, but she gets better. I really liked the book. We built a long house, like Kaya lived in, in the winter. Then we moved with our babies to the summer tepee. We learned about how Indians traveled, pick Indian names for ourselves and baked homemade cornbread and cornmeal mush. My favorite was the corn bread. Traveling using our Indian transportation from our winter long house to our summer tepee.
Making Corn Bread with Aunt Laura!

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Janey - I wish I could be in Liberty Girls with you, you do so many fun things!

also - wow! Laura's hair is really long now.

Anonymous said...

I love cornbread too! What a good experience for you!

-Aunt Lilly