Thursday, June 26, 2008

Perfect Summer Day by Noreen

Thursday was difficult, in the hot, boring, lots to do - but nothing really exciting - way. Ellie is very sick with Asthma-like symptoms, and it has house bound the rest of her siblings. I think it was especially anti-climactic following a fun week, and having recently experienced that "perfect" summer day.

Monday morning we spent with our cousins at the pool. Daniel dove for lots of my loose change, and I had fun playing in the deeper end with kids while the girls were in swimming lessons. After lunch we had our favorite new friends over. A neat family from Nauvoo, that happens to have kids the same ages as mine. The boys have especially hit it off, and I got the relaxing chance to visit with another mom! Around 3:00 we parted with our friends and meet Grandpa at the movie theaters. What started as Janey finagling a date with my Dad the night before, bloomed into everyone getting to go to the movies and dinner with Grandpa. What a treat! We came home to a relaxing evening (since we didn't have to cook or clean up dinner) and I topped it off with the perfect nectarine. Nothing celebrates summer like eating the perfect nectarine!

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

Have you taken her to the allergist yet? Jess and I are headed there next Wednesday - it seems to be a particularly bad year for outdoor allergies.

I'm sorry she isn't feeling well, but glad that you snuck in some fun.