Thursday, July 10, 2008

Book Review by Steve L.

The 13th Reality by James Dashner

Atticus Higginbottom aka Tick (thirteen years-old) receives a letter saying,

“Dear Mr. Atticus,

I’m writing to you in hopes that you will have the courage of heart and strength of mind to help me in a most dreadful time of need. Things are literally splitting apart at the seams, as it were, and I must find those that can assist me in some very serious matters. Beginning today the 15th of November, I am sending out a sequence of special messages and clues that will lead you to an important, albeit dangerous destiny, if you choose. Now dangerous may not be a strong enough word, indubitably and despicably deadly. . . . Do be careful. Because of this letter very frightening things are coming your way.”

Most faithfully yours,

MG”

Awhile after receiving the letter he meets up with a bed-chewing goblin, a tinglewraith, and gnat rat. My Aunt got me this book from a book writer’s conference. She got me the Advance Reader’s Edition, before it was published, but now you can find it in bookstores. This is a very exciting book, and doubtless it will be a movie. I give it a ten out of ten. This book rocks!

3 comments:

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

I'm glad you like the book. The 2nd book comes out in March of 2009. You should check out his Jimmy Fincher series. I believe the first book is called "A Door in the Woods."

James Dashner said...

Hey, I stumbled across this review and just wanted to say thanks! I'm glad you liked it.

Andy and Marsha Gibbons said...

A post from the author! How excellent!