Thursday, July 17, 2008

Chess Camp by Steve L.

Last week I went to a week long Chess Camp taught by Chess Champion Adam MacIntosh. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday I went to private lessons with him where he taught me some special techniques and maneuvers and gave me quite a few tips on playing the game. On Tuesday and Thursday I went to group lessons with five other kids interested in Chess. We played chess, learned techniques, ate snacks and had fun. For all you people out there who are reading this, I need more people to play chess with. If you do know how to play chess, please contact me, and if you don't know how to play Chess, learn quick and then contact me!

Fact: Did you know Chess dates back thousands of years. The furthest we have been able to track it back is to the Crusades. It was a popular Muslim game. I LOVE CHESS!

2 comments:

Andy and Marsha Gibbons said...

Until you said you were taking lessons, I would have been willing to play, but now....

Mrs. O said...

Pretty sure Russ is up for it.