Thursday, July 17, 2008

Phish Food by Steve

I''m hooked! Since trying Phish Food I must admit that I do enjoy chocolate ice cream as seems to have a soothing effect on my evenings. Packed with marshmallow and caramel swirls and stocked with fish shaped chocolate pieces, Phish Food brings it's fight from the first bite. The ice cream was named for a local Vermont band that formed in 1984 which while unknown to me was named by Rolling Stone magazine as the most important band of the 1990's. Which means that this is the third flavor I have tried that was named after a musicians or rock band. Hmm, any more to try? Well, this weeks flavor ranks second behind NYSCF for the fact that the chunks just keep me going. So, can a flavor climb to the top simply by it's flavor merits alone or does it need chunks to win my palette? Only time will tell. Next week a reader suggested flavor, Creme Brulee. See you then!

1 comment:

Andy and Marsha Gibbons said...

I like this self-dclared task that Steve is so generously carrying out for the world--subjecting himself to the tastes of B&J ice cream flavors. And the fact that he is doing it as a service to the rest of us.... We can only admire that spirit. In that spirit, I will someday begin a similar survey of red convertibles and report my results to the world.