Thursday, October 9, 2008

Priesthood Session by Steve L.

(From covered in mud, to handsome in suits in 15 minutes or less!) On Saturday I was able to go to my first General Priesthood session with my Dad and Grandpa G. It was a cool experience to have the apostles speaking directly to us as a priesthood. My favorite talk was by President Monson the Prophet. He spoke about how we should all be better people and he encouraged us young men to go on a mission. In one part he said, "One day I received a call from the MTC President, that a missionary was about to quit and no one could persuade him not to. Apparently his mission required him to speak Spanish and he was absolutely CERTAIN that he could not speak Spanish. I said, "Well put him in the Japanese class and call me back about what he says." I expected the call at noon, but it came by 10:30 in the morning, "Pres. Monson, he is now absolutely CERTAIN he can learn Spanish!"

No comments: