Friday, January 23, 2009

Daisy Scouts


Janey is active, outgoing, creative and persistent. All good qualities in a scout. She has watched her brothers do fun activities, earn badges and go camping as boy scouts. Never one to be left out she has been begging for over a year to become a girl scout. I figured if it still meant so much to her after so long she deserved to be a scout. As with most things I have found, if you want an experience for your children you have to be willing to run it yourself. Who has more vested interest in a child's success than mom and dad? My dear friend Denise and I both have 6 year old daughters, so we created a daisy girl scout troop. We have 11 of the cutest girls who can now recite the girl scout promise and are learning all about the girl scout law. The program is very values based and adorable. The best part is we got trained and started just in time to sell girl scout cookies. Cookies anyone?

3 comments:

brooke & luke said...

MMMMMMM MMMMMMM MMMMMM !!!!!! COOKIES!!!!!!! GIRL SCOUT COOKIES!!!!! I am SOOO exited! I am so excited to buy them from my niece too, I swear we get missed every year. Count us in girlfriend!!!!

Anonymous said...

I loved it when my girls sold Girl Scout Cookies. When I was a Camp Fire Girl we sold Candy Coated Peanuts.
Can not wait for the cookies. Love Grandma N

Andy and Marsha Gibbons said...

You are a great saleswoman, Janey.