Wednesday, May 28, 2008

First Scout Camp by Steve L.

Two weeks ago, I went on my first overnight Boy Scout Camp with my Dad. The first thing we did when we arrived was choose a spot and set up our tents. Then we played a little demolition Frisbee (it's called demolition Frisbee because it hit the picnic table, three people, a camp leader, a tree and a tent. And the Bishop's car. Oops.)










At about 6:30 we went down to the end of camp for dinner. The Stake provided it. Dinner consisted of : watermelon, carrots, pork sandwiches, soda, bags of chips, and for dessert there were big brownies, LARGE rice krispy treats, and HUGE rice krispy treats mixed with choc chips.(ugh) I ate myself SICK.

The next morning Jared #1 cooked the eggs, Jared #2 cooked the bacon (yum) and I cooked the blueberry chocolate chip pancakes. I let one of the camp leaders taste some and we won the prize for best breakfast in the camp.









That morning we were in charge of the flag ceremony down at the amphitheater. Jared #1 was the announcer, Jared #2 held the flag, and I was color guard. As I stood back, saluted, and watched them raise the flag I loved the way the flag looked against the trees and came back a few minutes later and took a picture of it.



That afternoon I went on a compass trek. We would take a compass, hold it at certain degrees and look for a landmark so many paces away. Then we would march over to the landmark and do it over again. And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over, And over!
After the award ceremony we packed up and left. I love camping!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

It sounds very memorable and you can cook breakfast for me anytime!

Spielberg said...

hey steve I went on a camp out too
exept it rain owch!