Friday, August 22, 2008

Bobcats and Wolves and Bears, Oh My!

It was really, really awesome earning my first scout badges. I earned my chess belt loop and pin, my wildlife conservation belt loop, my astronomy, BB shooting, and archery belt loops. I also earned my swimming belt loop and pin. I got a Kennecot patch, my bobcat and wolf badges and I earned one gold arrow point and 4 silver arrow points. We also played a game of freeze tag, the boy scouts showed us how to build a fire and we roasted s'mores.
Grandma N and Great grandma came to the pack meeting to see Daniel get all his awards.

Giving mom her bobcat and wolf mother's pins.

3 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Way to go! That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you Daniel. What a great job. Great Grandma Rane was a den mother for years when I was growing up and I remember listening to the boys pass off the scout oath so many times that I can still repeat it. Put me on the spot some day. My most vivid memory was going with the scouts to the potato chip factory. We got to pick a fresh chip coming down the conveyer belt to eat ( probably would not be code today). Potato chips are one of my favorite foods. I guess that is why I still remember that experience
I also was a den mother for 6 years, two different times in my life. Once when Tai J was a cub. I went to a a lot of day camps in my day. Love Grandma R

Andy and Marsha Gibbons said...

Great job, Daniel. That many awards is evidence of a lot of hard work. Way to go.