Friday, August 22, 2008

Ellie Update by Noreen

Well, it's round 3 this summer of battling Ellie's asthma. She back on her medication and treatments and generally feeling lousy. They now want to put her on daily maintenance meds, since it's so hard on her airways when she gets so bad. I'm am not happy about this, but we have to stop this crazy cycle.

On a better note, we were able to get Ellie's dental work done last week and she now has her beautiful pearly whites back. My friend Alesha read our dental woes on the blog awhile back and quickly recommended an amazing dentist that uses a water laser technology to numb the teeth, and no medication is necessary. Not only was there no medication or pain, but it was a fraction of the cost of what our original dentist was proposing. I'm so grateful. Thanks Alesha!


I know that I promised a sweeter blog this week, but I didn't tag Steve down for his yummy review before he was off hiking the High Uintas with Steve L. and the scouts. I'm hoping for some stunning pictures for next weeks blog.

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Please email me that dentist's contact info - do you mean to say there were no shots involved?!? Truly amazing!

I'm sorry Ellie is sick.

Andy and Marsha Gibbons said...

And yet , in all, what a great thing to live in the day of asthma treatments and laser drills and who knows what future developments. We are blessed with medical knowledge.