Friday, September 12, 2008

Neverland by Steve L.

I got a part in Peter Pan! It’s a community theater production and you’re all invited. I’m playing the part of a lost boy (twin #2), one of the 6 lost boys with lines. There are roughly 33 other lost boys without lines. Daniel gets to be one of them. Janey also got a part as a Neverland Animal.

First we went for tryouts. We had to memorize a monologue before hand and then recite it to the directors. Then I waited a couple of days to see if I was called back. (Please, please, please pick me!) I got called back with a bunch of other kids. They asked us to act out lines from the play and then put the best actors in the play. We also had to sing part of a solo. Ugh. Then I had to wait almost a week to see if I got in the play. (Please, please, please pick me!) I got picked. I’m so happy!

5 comments:

Mrs. O said...

That is fantastic! Be sure to let us know when it is so we can come watch you.

Brooke said...

Wow! Congrats you guys. I can't wait to come and see it.

Brooke said...

Wow! Congrats you guys. I can't wait to come and see it.

Anonymous said...

That is great Steve. The only time I had much to do with drama was in 9th grade in middle school. Our drama class put on a school play. No one was more surprised than I when I got the lead part. It was a very weird play about a princess(me) and a dwarf. Luckily no singing was involved. I was never asked to be in a play again, but it was one of those experiences that you always remember. Love Grandma N

Andy and Marsha Gibbons said...

Do you get to fly?