Thursday, July 3, 2008

Cartooning by Steve L.

On Saturday I went to see Phil Yeh, a graphic novelist, who was speaking on creativity. (A tip - when choosing your characters, don't name them after someone you know. He told us the person who made the Simpsons named the characters after his family members. His Dad wasn't very happy about having one of the stupidest characters being named after him.) He said that the most creative people don't spend 6 hours a day playing video games and the rest watching TV. They draw live art, read classic children's literature, and know the names of other artists. All of it was really cool.


I showed him my comics and he said he really liked my choice of characters.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stevie,
I Really love your cartoons. Sometimes it takes me a while to figure them out because I look at them on my tiny screen on my I phone, but I like the characters and their different attitudes.
Love Grandpa B.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day. I like the comment about how cartoonist spend their time, sound like you are doing things right. Love Grandma N

Mrs. O said...

Thanks for letting us tag along - it was great to hear his words of advice.

Anonymous said...

Hey, where's this weeks cartoon?