Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ice Cream Review by Steve

Chunky Monkey

Now we're talking! This flavor is number two behind NYSFC for sure. This tasty ice cream has a light yellow color and tastes like artificial bananas. OK, I did say in an earlier article that fruit should be eaten straight out of its peel or not at all. Scratch that with bananas. I like banana everything; drinks, smoothies, dehydrated, and yes, the fruit itself. Floating in the sea of banana smoothness are large walnut chunks. BIG chunks. All over the place. That is the good thing about B&J, they try to surprise you with every flavor. Throw something in you don't expect. Also present in the ice cream were chocolate chunks, very similar to those found in NYSFC, except only half the size. So, the chocolate bits and the nuts were very inspiring, and I did finish the pint. I found it certainly more interesting than Cherry Garcia, but will anything eclipse NYSFC? What would it take its place? More types of chunks? A totally amazing ice cream flavor? Who knows? One can only try. Next up, Whirled Peace.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, no fair. I want your job!!
Grandpa B.

Anonymous said...

Personally I do not like banana in things and I don't like lots of chunks and surprises in my ice cream unless it is chunks of chocolate. Love Nancy

Mrs. O said...

No walnuts for me thanks - I would not be able to talk for a week.

But yes, Gr. B is right - I want your job. How about including a picture of each flavor you try out?

Coral said...

Ben and Jerry's should give you a commission. We honestly haven't had their ice cream in years, and just started buying it again when we read your blog. Our family totally agrees with you on NYSC. Have you tried Creme Brulee?