Thursday, July 3, 2008

Family Night Fun





Our Monday Family Home Evenings usually consist of a more formal gospel lesson, but Monday we were exhausted! Steve loves his job, but it is very demanding, and he couldn't get home until 7:30. I had spent the day at appointment after appointment interspersed with lots of errands. Ellie had coughed half the night and we decided I should take her back to the doctor. He ordered chest x-rays, so we were off to the Insticare. (Why do they call it Insticare when they make you wait so long to be seen?) I was afraid it would be a waste of time and money, not to mention the radiation exposure, to take her in, but I felt I should do it anyway. Turns out she has bronchitis and the beginning stages of pneumonia! I'm so glad we caught it early. She has been on Albuterol and Steriod to help her breath, which makes her very hyper, like she's had a bunch of caffeine. Then they tell me to keep her resting with lots of fluids. Ya right!


So back to Family Night. Eight o'clock we all crashed in the living room, while I read out loud from the book de jour and Steve played games of back gammon with the boys. Then Whitney led the kids in some of the zany songs she had learned at Beehive Camp. It was so much fun and just what the doctor ordered (except for the resting and drinking fluids part!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ellie,
Glad you are feeling better. It was nice to see you at the July 4th breakfast. I liked all of your bikes.
Love,
Grandpa B.

Anonymous said...

Ellie,
Glad you are feeling better. It was nice to see you at the July 4th breakfast. I liked all of your bikes.
Love,
Grandpa B.