Friday, August 29, 2008

Cooper Update by Whitney

Listen to my tale of woe and pity me.

I took Cooper to the vet yesterday because he was pawing at his ear, and shaking his head and acting really uncomfortable. So I looked inside it and it was red and a few scabs from him scratching it. Any way, they took a look and there was a fox tail grass seed down it right next to the ear drum. So they had to put him under and extract it while he was gassed out.

He feels much better , but it came to a grand total of, (drum roll please,) $104.00!!!!!!! It would have been fifty more dollars if they had done an injection to get him to sleep, instead of gassing him with a mask. With the gassing they hallucinate, but it's cheaper so I had that done. I got to watch them extract it, (the grass seed.) But when he started to wake up, he started to hallucinate. (Seeing things that weren't really there, not knowing where he was, uncontrollable panic, etc.) It was scary/sad. His eyes were open, even though he was still asleep, he started whining, and thrashing around and both nurses had to hold him so he wouldn't fall off the table. Finally he calmed down and woke up, but he was still whimpering a little. ,:(

After that he was tired, and I held him for a wile while waiting for mom to pick us up. She thought it was going to take an hour so she went to do some errands, but it only took ten maybe fifteen minuets. We didn't need any meds after that, and I am sooooooo glad I caught it before it had worked it's way deeper and ruptured his ear drum. ,:) But now I am seriously in debt to my mom by $164.37. :p But I’ve also enrolled in pet insurance so I can afford any more unexpected surprises. (And Steve has offered to pull all the weeds in the back) :)

So if any one has any jobs they would be willing to pay for, I am willing to do it. (Debt stinks!)

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

I'm glad Cooper's okay.

If you're desperate, I'm sure I've got some weeds that need pulling :)