Friday, August 29, 2008

Ice Cream Review

One Cheesecake Brownie



I attended a Scout camp in Moab a few summers ago in the dead of summer. The heat was so intense that the soles of my hiking shoes literally separated from the rest of the shoe. We slept on top of our sleeping bags and prayed for wind. It was fun, but very hot. Having lived in Arizona I know that the only thing to do in the middle of the summer was to get yourself inside next to the air conditioner. Our large group found an ice cream parlor in Moab and decided to have some ice cream. I ordered a scoop of Farr brand Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream. It consisted of vanilla ice cream with a strawberry ripple and REAL chunks of cheesecake. It was rich and to die for. I have not seen it since, but I will always have Moab, and I would even now go a long way out of my way to enjoy a healthy scoop of the compound.



That was the standard against which I judged this ice cream. Doomed from the start! I think B&J got a little cocky here. I think they believed that they could just throw in cheery little brownies with a little cheesecakey flavoring in them into something like sour cheesecake tasting ice milk and make an instant hit. Finishing it was a chore, but I was searching in every bite for it to get better. It will not be purchased again! Away from me! Next!...and bring me some Farr Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream please.

No comments: