Friday, August 29, 2008

Scout Camp by Steve L.






On Saturday my Dad and I went on an overnight hike. We hiked about three miles in, with about 20-25 lb packs. When we got to the Twin Lakes we did a little fishing. I caught the biggest fish! I also learned how to gut it. Blah! And then we cooked our fish in the fire. (It tasted like chicken.) I caught three fish that day and worked on my fishing merit badge. The fishing part was fun but the gutting part was gross, but strangely satisfying.


That night I had a nice dinner of half-cooked ravioli and then we hiked a little farther to get a scenic view. Then we went back and told joke ghost stories around the fire. When we got up in the morning we had a breakfast of go-gurts, bananas and poptarts. Then we hiked back to the car and drove home. The hardest part was sitting in the car, driving there and back. It was a long drive and all we had was Elvis to listen to. The hike was fun and I can't wait to do it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful place to hike to. Great catch! Love Grandma N

Mrs. O said...

I envy you for being able to kick back on a rock and enjoy such an awesome view (I'm afraid my back would hate me)

Time for the next issue guys :)