Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Whitney

Whitney turned 14 this week! The thing I don't understand is I ever got old enough to have a fourteen year-old! She had asked for clip-on earrings for her birthday, but when I couldn't find any at several stores, I asked her if she wanted to get her ears pierced. She had declined the offer last year (our family rule is you have to be 13 - and a girl) and she has such a low tolerance for pain I wasn't sure she'd want to. She went back and forth for a couple of days, but when she remembered the beautiful pair of rose quartz earnings Auntie Hoki had given her in NZ, she decided to go for it.

We met Grandma N at the mall for lunch on her birthday, but Whitney was too nervous to eat so we went to get her ears done first. She was so anxious, but when the time came she didn't even flinch! She was so excited that she went through with it, and I think it's a lovely feminine look for her. We then enjoyed a lovely lunch with Grandma and Whitney got to spend the afternoon shopping with Grandma for a new church outfit.

We topped off the day with a family movie party and yogurt parfaits! Whitney - We love you and are proud of the beautiful young woman you have become.



2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Happy Birthday Whitney! Love the earring look.

Anonymous said...

Whitney, you are a beautiful young woman. I don't know how I got to be old enough to have a 14 year old granddaughter. Love Grandma N