Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cooper Update by Whitney

It has been such an interesting experience having a puppy. My other dog, Vixey was full grown by the time I got her. Some new experiences for me are:

1. Going to the vet for vaccinations,

2. Being able to feed him poultry meat with out him being sick,

3. Taking him outside multiple time between 1:30 and 5:30,

4. Toilet training,

5. Chewing,


And multiple others. But, we are both having fun. He is pretty easy to teach and knows “sit”, “give”, “Don’t-you-even-think-about-going-on-the-carpet” and “up”. He knows part of “down” “spin” and “come”.

I can’t believe how fast he is getting big! He is like three times bigger than when we got him! (Compare photos of him in my lap, from here and vol. 1)

We also can’t wait until the new off-leash dog park they are building down here is finished so we can meet other dogs.

It is such an adventure and I can’t wait till we take him on his first hike or camping trip!


3 comments:

Mrs. O said...

It sounds like Cooper's training is going well - it's obvious what a dedicated pet owner you are.

Andy and Marsha Gibbons said...

Cooper is a wonder dog. I knew it from the first lick he gave me. I am expecting great things from Cooper.

Spielberg said...

you must be a five star trianer your good!

oh and visit, http://theecomics.blogspot.com/